Luis Alphonso Trezvant 69, of Newport, RI passed away Monday August 7 after battling a long illness. Born in Newport, he was the son of the late Alphonso and Hilda (Lima) Trezvant.
“Louie” attended Rogers High School in Newport, RI and served in the Navy as a communications specialist and worked as a computer technologist at Wang Laboratories, General Dynamics and IBM. He was a diverse, creative individual who loved photography, electronics and collecting vintage Volkswagens and model lighthouses. Louie loved traveling throughout New England and visiting all the lighthouses across the east coast. He had a great collection of model lighthouses.
As a photographer, Louie had many artistic shots of Newport and Aquidneck Island classic venues and locations. He loved Newport and captured its scenic beauty in many of his photos. Louie was an avid reader and had a photographic memory and was the go to teammate in family games of trivial pursuit.
He is survived by his sister Anita Lopes and her husband Miguel Lopes, his brothers William Trezvant and his wife Janice, Miguel Trezvant and his wife Debra as well as several nieces, nephews and cousins. Luis was pre-deceased by his beloved younger brother Manuel Trezvant.
Calling hours will be from 4 pm to 7 pm on Thursday, August 10 at Hambly Funeral Home. His funeral will be held at 10 am on Friday, August, 11th at Hambly Funeral Home 30 Red Cross Avenue Newport, RI.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now