On Saturday, August 19th at noon the Newport County YMCA will be hosting a Doggie Dip with the Potter League for the Animals. The event is a fundraiser to support the Newport County YMCA Potter League Summer Camp. The suggested donation is $10 and this event is open to the entire community.
The Newport County YMCA has had a long relationship with the Potter League and every summer hosts “Camp Happy Tails”. This hands-on educational program allows campers to explore the Potter League and meet shelter animals. Activities include completing service projects, meeting shelter workers and guest speakers, making animal crafts and playing games. In addition, campers entering grades 2 and 3 will read humane themed books to Potter League “Reading Fur Fun” shelter animals. Both organizations have similar missions; to support and better their neighbors no matter if they have two legs or four with a tail.
“We value our partners in the community and jump at the chance to host collaborations like the Doggie Dip. Every year we do regular maintenance on our Aquatics Facility. This year we will not only be draining and cleaning the pool but also doing a complete remodel. The timing seemed perfect to invite our four-legged friends in for a swim and we are excited to showcase our new Aquatics Facility in September,” says Mike Miller, CEO, Newport County YMCA.
“At the Potter League, we are always looking for ways to bring people and animals closer together. The YMCA is the perfect partner to make sure everyone in the family, including pets, have a happy and healthy summer with activities like the Doggie Dip and Camp Happy Tails,” Brad Shear, Executive Director, The Potter League for Animals.
For more information on this event, or if you would like to attend, please contact:
Sara Meirowitz, Newport County YMCA, saram@mewportYMCA.org or 401-847-9200 ext. 109
Erin O’Gara Dollard, Potter League for Animals, email@example.com or 401-846-0592 ext. 116
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13