The Preservation Society of Newport County seeks a Part-Time candidate to work up to up to 20 hours per week Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. Special events may require work on evenings, weekends and/or holidays
• Understand, support and promote the mission of the PSNC and the volunteer/internship program. Act as a liaison between the program and the PSNC staff. Engage the volunteers/interns more fully into the PSNC operations to provide ongoing team building efforts between the volunteers/interns and staff.
• Work with supervisors and managers to define volunteer/intern needs, place, train, and schedule appropriate volunteers/interns in their programs and activities. Familiarize supervisors and managers with their roles, duties, and responsibilities.
• Responsible for the recruitment and orientation of volunteers/interns as well as retain current volunteers. Recognize and ensure positive communication with all volunteers and interns.
• Develop and implement training programs for volunteers and interns.
• Set up and attend volunteer meetings. Report to staff on volunteer activities as needed.
• Manage volunteer and internship record keeping and general volunteer and internship program administration – including database, mailing list, volunteer/intern handbook, training, hours tracking, benefits and awards.
• Develop and implement a volunteer recognition program, volunteer/intern picnic, social events and awards/recognition dinner.
• Represent the volunteer program in the community at large as well as at outreach events.
• Evaluate and implement changes and improvements in the volunteer program with other senior staff and volunteer input.
• Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field with two plus year’s supervisory experience.
• Prior experience creating and implementing volunteer/internship programs, and training preferred. Experience and ability to work with diverse populations.
• Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams; good interpersonal skills; good listener; demonstrated conflict management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office environment; hands-on approach to systems; experienced with databases and tracking large amounts of data; good with numbers; detail driven.
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in a busy environment; willingness to do whatever it takes to complete projects on time and with accuracy.
Please email a cover letter and resume with contact information for professional references to http://www.newportmansions.org/about-us/employment/available-jobs or firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 424 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI 02840.