Marilyn “Mickey” (Lyne) Palmer of Newport, RI passed away peacefully on Saturday, July 1, 2017 surrounded by her loving family. She was the wife of the late John M. Palmer.
Mickey was born May 14, 1928 in Newport, RI. She was a longtime employee of the Newport School Department, an avid beachgoer and a loving mother. She graduated from St. Catherine’s High School and attended the University of Rhode Island.
Mickey is survived by her 5 children; Sharon Palmer, Michael Palmer, Patrick Palmer, John Palmer and Lynn (Palmer) Caron. She is survived by her 7 grandchildren; Haley Boots, Michael and Christopher Palmer, Jacquelyn and Katherine Palmer, Joseph and Courtney Caron, and 1 great grandchild Napoleon Caron.
Visiting hours will be held from 5-7 pm on Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at the O’Neill-Hayes Funeral Home, 465 Spring Street, Newport, RI. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Joseph’s Church, 5 Mann Avenue, Newport, RI 02840.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso