Child & Family, located at 31 John Clarke Road in Middletown, has announced that its signature benefit, Au Courant, will be rescheduled from June 16th to a new date of Friday, July 14th at 7:00 pm at historic Fort Adams in Newport. Derek Warburton, New Hampshire native and celebrity stylist to such stars as Beyoncé, Miranda Kerr, and Heather Graham, will be the guest of honor and keynote speaker. Proceeds will support programs that strengthen the fabric of families in Newport County and throughout Rhode Island, including the expansion of foster care services. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.childandfamilyri.com/get-involved/special-events/au-courant.
“Due to a last-minute scheduling conflict, we have moved Au Courant to July 14,” said Marty Sinnott, President & CEO, Child & Family. “We appreciate all of the support in the community, from our sponsors, vendors and ticket holders, and look forward to seeing you next month!”
Founded by Child & Family and STYLEWEEK Northeast in 2011, Au Courant celebrates the extraordinary creative talents of designers in the Northeast. This year’s event will feature StyleWeek SWIM, a showcase of current resort and swim collections from designers all over the northeast.
In addition to the SWIM runway show, guests will enjoy a lavish cocktail party inside the Fort Adams courtyard to include catering, an open bar, several specialty bars, delicious hors d’oeuvres, and exquisite desserts, as well as a silent and live auction with unique items. Previous auction items have included lunch in New York City with fashion guru Tim Gunn, weekend long spa retreats and gorgeous jewelry from Swarovski.
The evening also gives attendees the exclusive opportunity to discuss fashion trends with and purchase one-of-a-kind fashions, accessories, and handbags directly from the featured designers.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)