Marie A. Horkey, 64, of Middletown died Monday, May 1, 2017 at Miriam Hospital of Providence, RI. Marie was born January 14, 1953 in Somerville, MA, the daughter of the late Agrippino and Angelina (Danieli) Barrese. She was the wife of David Horkey of Middletown.
Marie enjoyed crochet and knitting. She always lived life to the fullest, caring deeply for those in her life.
She is survived by her husband David Horkey of Middletown, and two daughters Danielle Panneh of Middletown and Theresa Horkey of Portland, OR.
Calling hours will be Thursday, May 4 from 2:00-5:00pm at Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport, RI.
A graveside service will be held 10:00 am on Friday, May 5 at Newport Memorial Park, Vaucluse Avenue, Middletown.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals