The Fort Adams Trust has been given the 2017 “Social Responsibility” award by the Newport County YMCA. The award was bestowed upon the Trust at the Y’s annual meeting Wednesday, May 17th. The Trust was presented the award for its work with the Y to host some of the organization’s summer camp activities and for partnering with the YMCA this summer to put on the “Race for Chase” on August 13 to benefit those affected by the Sandy Hook tragedy; all as part of the YMCA Kids Triathlon and Family Day event.
“As a community support oriented organization, the Fort Adams Trust seeks opportunities where the Trust can enhance another community organization’s efforts and grow partnerships that benefit all,” stated Joe Dias, Executive Director, for the Fort Adams Trust. “The Newport County Y’s summer camps and overall youth focused programs are integral to all that the Y does for county children so the Trust, with the assistance of the RIDEM ‘(Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management)’, is more than happy to help in any way that we can. The ability to host this summer’s “Race for Chase” event never even received a second thought,” Dias added.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more