The Arts and Cultural Alliance (ACA) of Newport County presents an Arts Behind the Scenes event featuring the Audrain Automobile Museum, “Transitions”. The event is scheduled during the transition between themed
shows. The discussion will include the Exhibition Statement, the War Board, the individual car exhibition storyboards, graphics development, and iPad stories. Also marketing/promotion, lighting and the practicalities associated with swapping the cars in and out, and security.
“More of an Art Museum than a Car Museum,” the Museum celebrates the Machine Age, when art and automobiles came together. With access to more than 200 of the most remarkable and rare vehicles ever made, and displays with fully restored vehicles ranging from the beginning of the 20th century through the modern day, vehicles are chosen specifically and showcased based on ever-changing exhibition themes. By displaying 15-20 cars at a time, the Museum gives patrons members and enthusiasts of all ages a completely unique experience with each visit. To support its non-profit curatorial mission – its motto is “Preserving Newport’s History One Car At A Time,” the Museum acquires, by gift and purchase, cars with social history in Newport, Rhode Island, and southern New England.
Since 1994, the Arts and Cultural Alliance of Newport County has fulfilled its mission to promote and advance arts and culture in Newport County for the benefit of the community. As a member-supported organization, the ACA offers seminars, workshops and networking opportunities for artist members. One of the Alliance’s key tasks is to help guide the interconnection between creative or cultural contributors and various opportunities presented by businesses, schools, donors, audiences, events, commissions and others. The Arts Behind the Scenes program seeks to introduce the ACA members and the general public to what goes on behind the scenes in development and presentation of art works, music, dance or theater that are of interest to the community.
Tickets for the Arts Behind the Scenes event are $10 for ACA Members and $15 for non-ACA members. Proceeds support the ACA’s mission to promote and advance arts and culture in Newport County. The event is limited to 40 people and planned for Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 6:30 pm. Tickets are available at the ACA website at http://www.newportarts.org/events/. For more information about the event or the ACA go to www.newportarts.org The ACA representative is Warren McAuliffe.
The Audrain Automobile Museum is located at 222 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02842. For more information about the Audrain Automobile Museum visit http://audrainautomuseum.org/. Contact information: (401) 856-4420 or
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters