The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (DEM) is recruiting for a variety of seasonal employment positions at recreational facilities across the state. Rhode Island residents, ages 16 and older, are encouraged to apply.
Full-time lifeguard positions are available at all State swimming areas, including Lincoln Woods, Fort Adams and Goddard Memorial State Parks, as well as at Misquamicut, Scarborough, and East Matunuck State Beaches. Hourly rates range from $10.50 to $12.50, based on location and position level. For more information on becoming a lifeguard or to apply, visit www.riparks.com.
Other seasonal positions available include park rangers; beach managers; laborers; recreational area assistants; and clerical support. Visit www.riparks.com for a complete list of employment opportunities. Most positions are full time and include weekend and holiday hours. Hourly rates range from $9.60 to $14.50. Applicants to park ranger positions at levels II and III must be 18 years of age or older.
Applications must be completed online. Paper applications will not be accepted. The State of Rhode Island is an equal opportunity/diversity employer.
For more information about DEM divisions and programs, visit www.dem.ri.gov. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/RhodeIslandDEM or on Twitter (@RhodeIslandDEM) for timely updates.
Information provided b RI DEM.
The Latest From WUN
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2
- Hocus Pocus 2 begins filming in Rhode Island
- Kerri Powers and Stefan Couture playing Blackstone River Theatre October 30th
- “Creatures of Imagination” exhibition opens Oct. 21 at Salve Regina’s Hamilton Gallery
- What Sold: 24 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Oct. 11 – 15)