Mildred “MIlie” Jacome, 97, of Middletown died peacefully at home on Saturday, April 22, 2017, surrounded by her loving family.
Mrs. Jacome was born September 1, 1919 in Taunton, MA. She is the daughter of the late Joaquin and the late Maria (Moniz) Rogers.
She was the loving and devoted wife of the late Antone Jacome.
Millie was one of four children, Jack Rogers, the late Frank Rogers and the late Mary Cucca.
She was the beloved mother of Mildred “Millie” Silveira and the late Rosemarie Wagstaff.
Besides her loving daughter, she will be forever in the hearts of and greatly missed by her 6 grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren, and 4 great great grandchildren, as well as many nieces and nephews.
Millie was a communicant of Jesus Savior Church in Newport and a devout catholic. She found great joy in being surrounded by her family, sharing fond memories and making sure everyone was well fed.
Millie touched the lives and hearts of all those who had the pleasure of meeting her.
A Mass of Christian burial will be held on Tuesday May 2, 2017 at 9:00am in Jesus Savior Church 509 Broadway in Newport.
Burial will be in St. Columba Cemetery Brown’s Lane in Middletown, RI
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck