The Fort Adams Trust announces on Wednesday that it will be offering free tours of Fort Adams and the Eisenhower House to Newport County residents.
The Eisenhower House is a special draw as it was previously only open for private events and has recently come under the management of the Trust.
Tours will be Saturdays and Sundays, April 29th – May 14th. Fort Adams’ tours will be held 10 AM – 4 PM and the Eisenhower House 12 PM – 2 PM. Tours usually cost $12; however, on these weekends, there will be no charge if one in the group can identify themselves as a Newport County resident.
“With the addition of the Eisenhower House the Trust can now offer a more comprehensive visitor experience that allows Newport County residents to see two distinctly different properties,” stated Joe Dias, executive director of the Fort Adams Trust. “It’s the beginning of the daily tour season so we thought it would be a nice community goodwill gesture to invite the locals to free tours as a launch to the busier season,” he added.
“We believe that the free tours would be a nice education opportunity for locals to see the fort, its grounds and the previously restricted to private events, Eisenhower House,” offered Sandy Kristiansson, chair of the Trust’s Marketing Committee.” Once local residents fully experience and appreciate what the fort and Eisenhower House offer we trust that they will then encourage visitors and friends to take the tours for their own personal enjoyment,” Kristiansson further commented.
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education