Joan (McAloon) Meyer, 59, of Middletown passed away peacefully at home after a long battle with cancer.
Born in Taunton, Mass., she was the daughter of late John and Mary (Morin) McAloon.
She attended St. Joseph’s College in Maine and Kinyon Campbell Business School where she received a Certified Bookkeeping degree. She was the bookkeeper at Forest Farm Health Care Center for many years where she loved working and interacting with the residents there.
Mrs. Meyer was a member of the Newport Sportsman Club and Aquidneck Island All Vets Club where she enjoyed spending time and socializing with friends.
She is survived by her husband of 34 years Randall Meyer of Middletown, her son Timothy Meyer of Middletown, her sisters Beth Whelden and her husband Larry, and Marianne Dyke and her husband Bob. She was also the sister of the late John Timothy McAloon.
Calling hours will be held on Saturday, March 25, 2017 from 2-4 PM at O’Neill-Hayes Funeral Home, 465 Spring Street, Newport, followed by a prayer ceremony. A celebration of life will be held at the Newport Sportsman Club, 110 JT Connell Hwy, Newport, RI following the ceremony.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to Women and Infants Hospital Program in Women’s Oncology, 101 Dudley Street, Providence, RI 02905.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts