Ben & Jerry’s on Thames Street will celebrate Free Cone Day in the tastiest way possible….with free cups and cones of your favorite ice cream!
On April 4th, between 12pm – 8pm, head to the Ben & Jerry’s at 359 Thames Street for your free cone or cup of ice cream, it’s Ben & Jerry’s way of once again saying thank you!
It was 38 years ago when future ice cream household namesakes Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield shocked themselves with their accomplishment: the duo had made it through their first year as business owners. And so, they wanted to create a way to thank the community that supported them. Their decision? Free cones for everyone. So they threw open the doors and scooped out every last bit of ice cream to the long lines of appreciative fans. Every year since, Ben & Jerry’s has continued this tradition with its annual Free Cone Day, the Ben & Jerriest day of the year!
Ben & Jerry’s partners with local non-profit organizations throughout the year and especially on Free Cone Day, so donate what you can when picking up your free cup or cone on April 4th!
The Ben & Jerry’s on Bannister’s Wharf will not yet be open for the season and will not be participating in Free Cone Day.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings