In Washington, the mood of the country is changing. President Donald Trump has nominated a conservative to the U.S. Supreme Court, Neil Gorsuch, and the president has avowed his opposition to abortion, saying he would seek to overturn Roe v. Wade. He has already taken certain steps: “… Donald Trump has withdrawn funding from the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), Marie Stopes Foundation and other entities that offer abortion-on-demand, it is time for our Christian Nation to talk about it.” That was a story in the Zambia Times, showing concern that’s spread worldwide.
In Rhode Island, a highly Catholic state, a bill has been introduced in the legislature by Rep. Edith Ajello of Providence, that would make Roe v. Wade the law in Rhode Island. The bill has been introduced in the past, but failed. Ajello, however, believes enough pro-abortion legislators have been elected that could result in its passage.
Are you in favor of the bill introduced in the Rhode Island legislature that would make Roe v. Wade the law in Rhode Island, assuring the legalization of abortion in Rhode Island?
The Latest From WUN
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend
- AARP Analysis: COVID-19 deaths and cases in Rhode Island nursing homes increased from August to September