William Heinrich Eibel, 67, of Jamestown died Sunday, January 8, 2017, at Newport Hospital. He will be laid to rest at the Veterans Cemetery.
He was the husband of Jean Marie (Larosee) Eibel
Born on September 13, 1949, in Providence, RI, he was the son of the late Julius and Lillian (Charette) Eibel.
Mr. Eibel proudly served his country as a US Marine during the Vietnam War, receiving three Purple Hearts. He loved boating, spending time with his friends, family and especially his grandchildren. He was a member of the American Legion, Post #0102 and a past member of the Knights of Columbus.
Besides his wife of 47 years, he is survived by his children, William Eibel Jr., Michelle Eibel and her husband Robert Campion, Wayne Eibel and Wendy Rafferty, his siblings, Doris Mason and her husband Ed, and Ronald Eibel and his wife Beth, his grandchildren, Kyle Rafferty, Kayla Rafferty, Samantha Rafferty, Matthew Campion, Ashley Campion, Alexa Campion, Ryan Campion, his son-in-law, his brother-in-law Bill Keresztessy and his children, Cindy, Bill, Frank and Freddy, his half-sister Arlene Rauch, his nieces and nephews, Marcy Eibel, Randy Eibel, Justin Mason, Joseph Mason and Kyra Marineau, his step siblings, Susan Brazil, William Brazil, Robin Brazil, and Mark Brazil and his half-sister Lucille Belanger and her husband Albert Belanger, and his faithful companion, Mickey.
He was the brother of the late Arleen Keresztessy.
His burial services will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations in his memory may be made to Disabled Veterans of America, by visiting www.dav.org.
This obituary was originally published on www.memorialfuneralhome.com, it has been republished with permission.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso