Norma (Clow) Greene, of Newport died Monday, January 2, 2017 at home in Newport.
She was the wife of The Reverend Everett Greene for 66 years.
Born on May 8, 1928 in Providence, RI, she was the daughter of the late John H. and E. Mae (McIntyre) Clow.
Mrs. Greene was an active member of St. Columba’s Chapel where she was on its Altar Guild and was chairperson of the Scribes, a volunteer for over 20 years at Newport Hospital and Past President of the Newport Hospital Auxiliary, a Vice President of Townsend Fund and was the secretary for Christmas in Newport.
Besides her husband, she is survived by her sons David Stuart Greene and his wife Tammi Olson of Lansing, KS and Stephen Marshall Greene and his wife Ellen Rohan of Olney, MD, her daughter Meredith Ann Guy and her husband James Robison of Penryn, CA and her grandchildren, Joshua Greene of Denver, CO, Ian Sweet of College Park, MD, Aidan Uffelman of Olney, MD, Skyler Greene of Frederick, MD, Abbey Uffelman of Philadelphia, PA, Jeremy Guy of Hayward, CA, Lauren Guy of San Diego, CA and Kristin Guy of Hilmar, CA.
She was the sister of the late Stuart Clow.
Her service will be held on Saturday, January 7, 2017, at 1pm, in St. Columba Berkley Memorial Chapel, 55 Vaucluse Avenue, Middletown, RI.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Columba Berkley Memorial Chapel, 55 Vaucluse Avenue, Middletown, RI 02842.
This obituary first appeared on www.memorialfuneralhome.com, it has been republished with permission.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)