Norma (Clow) Greene, of Newport died Monday, January 2, 2017 at home in Newport.
She was the wife of The Reverend Everett Greene for 66 years.
Born on May 8, 1928 in Providence, RI, she was the daughter of the late John H. and E. Mae (McIntyre) Clow.
Mrs. Greene was an active member of St. Columba’s Chapel where she was on its Altar Guild and was chairperson of the Scribes, a volunteer for over 20 years at Newport Hospital and Past President of the Newport Hospital Auxiliary, a Vice President of Townsend Fund and was the secretary for Christmas in Newport.
Besides her husband, she is survived by her sons David Stuart Greene and his wife Tammi Olson of Lansing, KS and Stephen Marshall Greene and his wife Ellen Rohan of Olney, MD, her daughter Meredith Ann Guy and her husband James Robison of Penryn, CA and her grandchildren, Joshua Greene of Denver, CO, Ian Sweet of College Park, MD, Aidan Uffelman of Olney, MD, Skyler Greene of Frederick, MD, Abbey Uffelman of Philadelphia, PA, Jeremy Guy of Hayward, CA, Lauren Guy of San Diego, CA and Kristin Guy of Hilmar, CA.
She was the sister of the late Stuart Clow.
Her service will be held on Saturday, January 7, 2017, at 1pm, in St. Columba Berkley Memorial Chapel, 55 Vaucluse Avenue, Middletown, RI.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Columba Berkley Memorial Chapel, 55 Vaucluse Avenue, Middletown, RI 02842.
This obituary first appeared on www.memorialfuneralhome.com, it has been republished with permission.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters