Ruth Taylor, Executive Director of the Newport Historical Society, will be the special guest this month at Arts Around the Fire on Tuesday, January 17th from 6-8pm at Salvation Café’s Post & Beam room.
Arts Around The Fire is Newport’s Arts and Cultural Alliance’s monthly networking event.
Taylor will talk about what history is good for, whether anyone cares, and why you might want to, particularly right now. You will also have the opportunity to learn more about how the NHS talks about history to the public, and why.
Arts Around the Fire is an opportunity for artists, writers, performers and audiences to engage with colleagues about events and accomplishments in the Newport County cultural community and learn about new ideas and good work being done.
Arts Around the Fire features a cash bar, complimentary hors d’oeuvres donated by Salvation Café and an informal atmosphere where artists and art lovers can connect.
This event is free and no reservations are necessary.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21