Interested in a manufacturing career? Electric Boat in North Kingston is hiring machinists, metal fabricators, pipe-fitters and welders.
Skills For Rhode Island’s Future will host a hiring fair on Wednesday, January 11th at the Newport County Chamber of Commerce for manufacturing jobs at Electric Boat.
Initially established in 1973 to provide off-site support to Electric Boat’s Groton shipyard, the 125+ acre Quonset Point facility is widely recognized for its manufacturing, outfitting, and modular-construction capabilities.
At the facility, major submarine components are manufactured using digitally controlled machines for cutting, machining and bending. These precision processes are driven by digital design data transmitted electronically from the Groton design organization to Quonset Point’s Automated Steel Processing Facility.
There is no experience necessary and training is provided for most positions. Available position promise excellent benefits and career path opportunities.
Dates & Details:
- What: Skills RI Hiring Fair – Electric Boat Jobs
- When: Wednesday, January 11th from 11am – 1pm
- Where: Newport County Chamber of Commerce, 35 Valley Road Middletown, RI
- Cost: Free
For more information and dates of other job fairs, visit http://www.skillsforri.com/featured/hiring-fairs/.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SRIF) is a nonprofit public-private partnership working to match businesses that have current, unmet hiring needs with qualified, unemployed and underemployed job seekers.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)