Here is what’s happening for road work, closures and detours in and around Newport, RI this week.
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Department Of Transportation: 1/2-1/6
Newport: As the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) prepares for construction work at the Newport Transportation and Visitors Center, motorists will experience road work and a right lane closure on America’s Cup Ave., from Gladys Carr Bolhouse Rd. to West Marlborough St., starting the week of January 2, 2017. The project is slated to be completed in June 2017. RIPTA will be announcing temporary bus stop locations since the Visitors’ Center boarding area will be closed for the duration of the project. For more information please visit https://www.ripta.com/newport-gateway-center.
No Other Scheduled Restrictions
Roadwork scheduled by Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority: 1/1-1/7
Newport Pell Bridge – Westbound Right Lane Closure -1/3 to 1/5- 8 am to 3 pm
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge.
Route 138 Connector – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 connector.
Mount Hope Bridge – Northbound Lane Closure – 1/4 and 1/5 – 9 am to 3 pm
Sakonnet River Bridge – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools