What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
After months of rumors, Stoneacre Pantry has announced that they will move from Lower Thames Street to Washington Square.
After more than a year sitting empty, the former Yesterday’s property will become the new home for Stoneacre Pantry. Their last day open at 515 Thames Street will be January 1, 2017, it is unknown when they plan to open in their much bigger location in Washington Square.
UPDATE (1/5/16): STONEACRE TO OPEN BRASSERIE-STYLE RESTAURANT IN NEWPORT’S WASHINGTON SQUARE, FORMERLY YESTERDAY’S, SPRING/SUMMER 2017. Stoneacre’s Thames Street Location to Re-open as Basque-style Restaurant, La Vasca, January 6
Stoneacre Pantry will open at the Yesterday’s location with the full liquor license formerly held by Yesterday’s, which is now owned by their new landlord. Stoneacre has swapped the full liquor license that they have used at 515 Thames Street with The Wharf Pub in exchange for that restaurants beer and wine license. That beer and wine license will be used for Stoneacre’s new concept at 515 Thames Street.
Yesterday’s closed after 42 years in business back on September 26, 2015. The Stoneacre crew will work with a somewhat clean slate in the Washington Square location, as all of Yesterday’s belongings were auctioned off in October of 2015.
Stoneacre opened at 515 Thames Street in August 2013 and has focused on sustainability and a positive relationship with our local environment. Their menu has been small, seasonal, and supported nearby farms and fishermen with fish from nearby waters and meats from local farms that raise their animals humanely.
This story is developing and will be updated as we confirm more information.
- October 21, 2016: Video: Stoneacre Pantry, Ocean House and Johnson & Wales University on ‘The Chew’
- October 19, 2016: Stoneacre Pantry, Johnson & Wales and Ocean House Will Appear on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ on October 19th
- June 28, 2016: Lorusso’s Cafe to Expand, Will Add Coffee and Lounge Area
- May 16, 2016: Stoneacre Pantry Owners Join Lorusso’s Newport to Offer Dinner Menu
More From What’s Up Newp
- Rhode Island Music Education Association: 20th Annual Rhode Island Honors Recital on June 27
- Obituary: Claire E. (Randall) Curtis
- Obituary: Marianne F. (Fitzgerald) Marley
- Forum Lodge awards scholarships to two Aquidneck Island high school graduates
- Robert Berry, rock musician and former member of Keith Emerson’s “3” joins What’s Up Newp for a live virtual conversation on Monday
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday