As Newport welcomes the New Year, fireworks will be bursting in air.
A private wedding, scheduled to take place at Belle Mer on Goat Island on December 31st, has plans to host a firework display as the clock hits midnight. Atlas PyroVision Entertainment Group will shoot off the fireworks somewhere between 11:59 p.m. – 12:15 a.m. from a barge off of the west side of Goat Island in front of Belle Mer, the display is expected to last eight to nine minutes.
The firework display is weather dependent.
Newport City Council approved the Special Event License and Sound Variance at their regularly scheduled meeting on December 14th.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)