Dance master Paul Taylor is arguably the greatest living choreographer across the 20th and 21st centuries. At an age when most artists’ greatest work is long behind them, he continues to create works that are vibrant, powerful, and thoroughly new.
Fifty years after his first appearance in Providence, Taylor returns with his namesake company to conduct a dance workshop for some of Newport’s students at the Claiborne Pell Elementary School, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. next Tuesday, November 15, 2016.
This opportunity has been made available to students by FirstWorks. This is the first time FirstWorks has come to work in a Newport school.
FirstWorks presents world-class performing arts programs that build the cultural, educational and economic vitality of our community. Since 2004, FirstWorks has engaged Rhode Islanders with some of the most exciting artists of our time and connected over 2,500 students annually with transformative arts experiences through performances, festivals, and education.
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic