There’s changes ahead for Mama Leone’s, Mudville Pub and the liquor license scene; according to recent city applications.
It starts with Mama Leones, which has been closed since a car crashed into the front of the building in March. It appears as they will reopen as Antonio’s Pizza.
According to a recent application submitted to the City Of Newport Board Of License Commissioners, Mudville Pub will transfer its Class BV License (Full restaurant liquor license) to Antonio’s Pizza; Antonio’s Pizza will transfer its Class BL License (Beer & Wine) to Mudville Pub.
Stamatis Reves, the JR Pizza Corporation, is the sole stockholder of Antonio’s Pizza.
Back in September, The Mudville Pub was put on the market for $895,000; the listing included “Four levels of over 4000 sq ft of mixed use commercial and residential real estate in highly visible downtown location near Marriott First level use for retail/office but perfect restaurant with beer/wine or liquor license, both available separately”. The Joe Fitzpatrick Team has more information on the property here.
Mudville Pub is currently owned by Kevin Sullivan and Wesley Armstrong.
Remonstrants will be heard by the Board of License Commissioners on Wednesday, December 14, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers, City Hall, 43 Broadway, Newport, RI.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson