The NASA Wallops Flight Facility and Virginia’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport are set to support the launch of Orbital ATK’s Antares rocket at 8:03 p.m. on Sunday, October 16th.
UPDATE: The rocket launch scheduled for this evening has been rescheduled for Monday evening at 7:40 p.m.
The launch may be visible, weather permitting, to residents throughout Rhode Island and the east coast of the United States when looking south. Accuweather currently calls for patchy clouds in Rhode Island at time of the launch.
The Antares rocket will carry Orbital ATK’s Cygnus cargo spacecraft to the International Space Station.
Live coverage of the mission is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. today on the Wallops Ustream site.
Smartphone users can download the “What’s Up at Wallops” app, which contains information on the launch as well as a compass showing the precise direction for launch viewing. The app is available for download to both Android and iOS users.
Launch coverage on NASA TV will begin at 7:00 p.m. EDT. For NASA TV streaming video, downlink and scheduling information, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv
For more information about International Space Station, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/station
Get more information about Orbital ATK, its Antares rocket and the Cygnus cargo spacecraft at: http://www.nasa.gov/orbital
More from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell