Newport Hospital has announced that they will be offering free mammograms and free breast exams to women 40 years old or older who live in Rhode Island and do not have health insurance that covers annual breast cancer screenings.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in the United States (other than skin cancer). But millions of women are surviving the disease thanks in part to early detection and improvements in treatment.
Those looking to schedule a free mammogram or free breast exam should call 401-845-1548 no later than Monday, October 17 to schedule an appointment. Those who are elgible will receive an appointment for Saturday, October 22 between 9 a.m. and noon.
Newport Hospital is located at 11 Friendship Street in Newport and online at www.newporthospital.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now