Hasbro Reports Revenue, Operating Profit and Net Earnings Growth for Third Quarter 2016
PAWTUCKET, R.I.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) today reported financial results for the third quarter 2016. Net revenues for the third quarter 2016 increased 14% to $1.68 billion versus $1.47 billion in 2015. Third quarter 2016 revenues include a negative $2.8 million impact from foreign exchange.
Net earnings for the third quarter 2016 increased 24% to $257.8 million, or $2.03 per diluted share, compared to $207.6 million, or $1.64 per diluted share, in 2015. Adjusted net earnings for the third quarter 2015 were $200.5 million, or $1.58 per diluted share. These exclude a pre-tax gain of $9.9 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, from the third quarter 2015 sale of the Company’s manufacturing operations in East Longmeadow, MA and Waterford, Ireland.
“Innovative play experiences, engaging storytelling and global execution of Hasbro’s Brand Blueprint continues to drive consumer and retailer demand for our brand portfolio,” said Brian Goldner, Hasbro’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “2016 has been a strong year, including our third quarter – which marked the greatest revenue and earnings quarter in Hasbro’s history. We are well positioned for what we believe will be a good holiday season.”
“Throughout 2016 the Hasbro team has delivered strong financial performance, in terms of revenues and earnings growth, supported by a solid balance sheet enabling our business growth,” said Deborah Thomas, Hasbro’s Chief Financial Officer. “The strength of our business enabled us to continue investing in growing Hasbro for the long term, while returning $112 million to shareholders in the quarter.”
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates