Preservation Society Offers Free Admission For Newport County Residents, September 17 & 18, 2016
The Preservation Society of Newport County invites residents of all Newport County communities (Jamestown, Little Compton, Middletown, Newport, Portsmouth and Tiverton) to “be our guest” at the Newport Mansions this weekend, Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18, 2016. Visitors showing proof of residency (driver’s license or other identification with an address) will enjoy free admission when visiting any Preservation Society property this weekend.
Free admission applies to The Breakers, Chateau-sur-Mer, Chepstow, The Elms, Green Animals Topiary Garden, Kingscote, Hunter House, Isaac Bell House, Marble House and Rosecliff. Limited admission tours, including the Servant Life Tour at The Elms, are included on a space-available basis.
Visit www.NewportMansions.org for the detailed operating schedule of each house.
The Preservation Society of Newport County, Rhode Island, is a non-profit organization accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and dedicated to preserving and interpreting the area’s historic architecture, landscapes, decorative arts and social history. Its 11 historic properties–seven of them National Historic Landmarks–span more than 250 years of American architectural and social development.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more