The driver of a moped involved in a car (truck) vs moped crash in the area of 175 West Main Road in Middletown was transported to Rhode Island Hospital via Boston Medflight 1 on Wednesday afternoon.
A Middletown Rescue transferred the patient to the helicopter, which landed at J. Paul Braga Jr. Memorial Field in Newport, around 3:20 p.m. It’s been reported that the patient had multiple fractures.
— SRI_Fire (@Westjohnson97) August 31, 2016
This story will be updated when/if more information is received from authorities.
This accident comes less than 24 hours after a three car crash on West Main Road that sent 5 to the hospital, and just a few days after a crane rolled over leaving workers stranded under the Sakonnet Bridge.
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million