In case somehow you missed it, Kris Krisofferson returned to Newport for the first time since 1969 over this past weekend to surprise the Newport Folk Festival audience on the Museum Stage on Friday and on the Quad Stage on Saturday.
While Fridays performance was more intimate and emotional, as he followed a performance by his daughter Kelly, Saturdays performance was full of energy and many have called it their favorite set of the weekend.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season