If you were visiting Fort Adams State Park in the past and got hungry, you would of either have had to bring a picnic, drive back downtown or swing on through the Fort Adams Visitors Center and see what they had to snack on.
Earlier this year, Fort Adams State Park/Fort Adams Trust put out a request for proposals in an effort to add a food truck/ option at the park, an effort that they would hope improve the overall experience for visitors to the park.
After going through the process and proposals, Fort Adams is now the new home of A Fork In The Road, a new food truck owned and managed by Blackstone Caterers.
“Food trucks are such a big trend right now and we are excited to be one of the first in Newport, RI! Can’t wait for the summer to officially begin!” Brianna Williams, Food Service Manager for A Fork In The Road by Blackstone Caterers told What’sUpNewp.
The current menu offers burgers, salads, chowder, salmon and much more.
The food truck will be parked on the patch outside of the Visitors Center at Fort Adams from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. through October, the truck does accept cash and credit cards.
Fort Adams is currently open daily for guided tours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., visit www.fortadams.org for more information on tours and Fort Adams.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend