It was all about raising awareness of foster care and the need for foster parents today on The Open Forum on WADK 1540 AM.
Each May, National Foster Care Month provides an opportunity for people all across the nation to focus attention on the year-round needs of American children and youth in foster care. The campaign raises awareness about foster care and encourages many more citizens to get involved in the lives of these youth – whether as their foster parents, volunteers, mentors, employers or in other ways.
Melissa Aguiar-Rivard, Director of Foster Care Program for Child & Family opened up the show by speaking about the need for foster families, why it is important and the impact foster families have on children in state care.
Susan Gail, a Foster Parent, also joined us to speak to her experiences as a foster parent and why she fosters.
Lisa Guillette, Executive Director of Foster Forward, also joined us to speak to the support programs for Foster families in the state.
Listen 12:30pm to 1pm
Listen 1pm to 2pm
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season