This story was originally published on March 15, 2016.
The National Corvette Museum, with the assistance of the Corvette Club of Rhode Island, will host “Marble and Glass Corvette Weekend” in Newport, May 19-22, 2016.
According to a representative at the National Corvette Museum, as many as 200 corvettes could participate in the activities that make up the “Marble and Glass Corvette Weekend” in Newport.
For those participating, the weekend includes “mansion tours, an ocean drive Corvette cruise, Fort Adams tour, America’s Cup 12-meter yacht charter, scenic bus tour of historic Newport, shopping on Bowens and Bannister Wharf, a clam bake at the Atlantic Beach Club, Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay Schooner Sail and much more!”
Cost to participate in activities for the event range from $490.00 – $1,050.00.
Those participating from outside of the area will stay at the Mainstay Hotel and Conference Center on Admiral Kalbfus Road in Newport.
The National Corvette Museum is located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. For more information on the event and on the National Corvette Museum, visit www.corvettemuseum.org.
The Latest From WUN
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more