On the Thursday, April 7th edition of The Open Forum on 1540 AM WADK Newport I shared some of my own thoughts on Newport current affairs and then was joined by three guests between 1pm – 2pm.
Sail Newport and DEM are proposing a new marine educational and recreational facility at Fort Adams State Park, Brad Read (Executive Director of Sail Newport) joined me today to discuss this, let people know of a public meeting happening tonight, World Match Racing, Volvo Ocean Race and more.
There’s also a groundbreaking Community Garden Initiative underway and a way you can be a part of the local food revolution, Nikki Vasquez and Bob Gerber from the Aquidneck Community Table joined me to talk about this project and how you can get involved.
Listen 12:30pm – 1pm
Listen 1pm – 2pm
Listen to The Open Forum with Ryan Belmore every weekday from 12:30pm to 2pm on 1540 AM WADK Newport.
WADK 1540 is the place to tune to for complete coverage of local news, weather, sports, traffic reports and special features, listen online on 1540 AM and online on www.wadk.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)