Learn about the Pathways in Technology Early College High School (PTECH), launching this fall through a partnership between Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI), Southeastern New England Defense Industry Alliance (SENEDIA) and Newport Public Schools.
PTECH is an innovative “school within a school” that combines the best elements of high school, college and career over a 4-6 year individualized pace.
PTECH students have access to an industry mentor, workplace readiness, an internship and the ability to graduate with a high school diploma and Associate degree in Cybersecurity.
This once in a lifetime opportunity is open to fifty current 8th grade students from across the region − including Tiverton, Portsmouth, Middletown, Little Compton, Jamestown and Newport − at no cost to students or families.
To learn how your child can benefit from this free program, join us for a PTECH Info Session this Thursday, April 7th, 6:00-7:00pm at CCRI Newport ~ Room 222, or Wednesday, April 13th, 6:00-7:00pm at Portsmouth Public Library.
To apply, visit www.npsri.net/ptech or contact Kerry Clarke at email@example.com or 401-847-2100, ext. 266.
The Latest From WUN
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health
- Obituary: Grace Elaine Kinnunen
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th