11th Hour Racing has announced a Request for Proposals for projects that improve the health of our waters and address the dynamic challenges facing the sailing and marine communities. 11th Hour Racing’s vision is for healthy, vibrant coastal communities that value and sustainably manage marine resources.
11th Hour Racing is requesting proposals that advance one or more of our program’s focus areas:
- Support and promote solutions that reduce ocean pollution;
- Advance clean technologies and best practices that reduce the environmental impact of the sailing industry and maritime communities; and
- Educate and foster ocean stewardship amongst sailing and coastal communities.
Strong consideration will be given to organizations or individuals that leverage collaborations, can demonstrate outcomes in a one-year timeframe, and share success broadly.
Responses must be submitted by May 2nd, 2016 through 11th Hour Racing’s online form. Grants will likely be awarded in August.
For detailed information about this grant opportunity please see: 2016 RFP Full Instructions
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend