Picnic Gourmet + Cafe is now open at 26 – 28 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, the gourmet and cafe takes over the space previously occupied by Newport Wine Cellar + Le Petit Gourmet.
Picnic is owned and operated by John and Tracy Bach-Sorensen, Owners and Operators of Willy’s Burger Bar + Rotisserie on Lower Thames Street (formerly Asterik’s) for the last 20 years.
Although Willy’s Burger + Bar Rotisserie is publicly listed for sale, the couple still plans on operating it daily (except when it’s closed on Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s).
Many may be familiar with Boulangerie on Spring Street (now Rosemary & Thyme) that the couple ran for around 12 years. The new Cafe at Picnic hopes to bring back many of the baked goods and sandwiches that people fell in love with over their former cafe.
Since the couple closed the Boulangerie on Spring Street, they’ve missed running a cafe (John in particular has missed baking) and look forward to baking, serving great to-go items that are perfect for a “Picnic” or day out the water and some of their favorite cheeses, desserts, coffee and other treats.
The Cafe is now open and serving baked goods, sandwiches, salads, wi-fi and more from 7am – 6pm daily; the Gourmet is expected to open in a few weeks (probably after March 12th).
In the future Picnic Gourmet + Cafe hopes to stay open even later for those looking for a late night espresso, coffee, dessert or a delicious treat. Of course, they will be BYOB.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson