The City Of Newport is invited the public to help shape our city’s future by participating in one of two Public Forums.
What are the most important issues the City should be addressing during the next five years to make it even better than it is today? What goals should the City Council pursue?
This is your chance to provide input about the next five years. Hear about the current strategic plan and tell us what you think should be the emphasis of the next strategic plan.
The agendas for both evenings (April 6th and 20th) at the Pell Elementary School are identical, so go to whichever session is better for your schedule. The Community Forums will begin at 6:30 p.m. at which time there will be a brief presentation about the current strategic plan. Then, you will be able to provide input about the areas you would like to see emphasized, including projects and initiatives the City Council should consider as they develop goals for the next five years. This will be an interactive session, working in small groups. The sessions will end at 8:00 p.m.
For more information contact: Patricia Fay, Executive Assistant, Office of the City Manager, 401-845-5429; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals