After two hours of debate, the Rhode Island House of Senate voted 25 – 12 in favor of RhodeWorks (Truck Tolls) on Thursday night at the Rhode Island State House.
After seven hours of debate, the Rhode Island House of Representatives voted 52 – 21 in favor of RhodeWorks (Truck Tolls) on Wednesday night at the Rhode Island State House.
Here’s how Aquidneck Island Senators voted;
- Voted For – Senator Louis P. DiPalma (District 12, Little Compton, Middletown, Newport, Tiverton)
- Voted For – Senator M. Teresa Paiva Weed (District 13, Newport & Jamestown)
- Voted Against – Senator John Pagliarini (District 11, Bristol, Portsmouth & Tiverton)
Here’s how the entire vote looked;
The bill has been sent to the governor for signature, and is expected to be signed into law tonight.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13