Aaron Livingston (also known by his stage name Son Little), an American rhythm & blues musician from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will perform in Newport, R.I. on Sunday, July 24th at the 2016 Newport Folk Festival.
The entire 2016 Newport Folk Festival is being rolled out (almost) daily on their social media accounts, Son Little is the 13th act to be announced for the annual festival at Fort Adams State Park.
Read More: 2016 Newport Folk Festival Lineup
The 2016 Newport Folk Festival is now sold out and will take place at Fort Adams State Park on July 22nd, 23rd and 24th.
About Son Little:
On November 10, 2014, Livingston released his debut EP as Son Little titled Things I Forgot via Anti- Records.
On October 16, 2015, Livingston released his first full-length album with Anti-.
Son Little has collaborated with The Roots, RJD2, and Mavis Staples, whom he spoke highly of. In an interview with Sound of Boston he named Mavis Staples as one of his favorite singers; “She’s one of my favorite people, let alone favorite singer.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools