The 2016 Newport Flower Show, Gilded-Artful Living, invites photographers of all experience levels to submit an entry in the Photography Division of the Show, which will take place June 24-26, 2016, at Rosecliff, one of Newport’s most beautiful historic mansions.
Ten different Photography Classes are available to showcase various photo subjects and techniques. Photographers must submit a registration form and digital photo by February 29, and will be notified by early April whether their entry has been accepted to be displayed and judged at the Show.
The Photography Division classes, rules, and online registration form can all be found at www.NewportFlowerShow.org.
New England’s only outdoor flower show, now in its 21st year, also includes judged floral arrangements, horticulture, lectures, children’s activities & shopping opportunities, all taking place in the elegant receptions rooms and on the spectacular seaside lawn of Rosecliff, the gleaming white mansion built in 1902 for a Nevada silver heiress. All proceeds from the Flower Show are dedicated to the ongoing restoration and presentation of the historic landscapes and gardens of The Preservation Society of Newport County. The Presenting Sponsor of the Newport Flower Show is Bartlett Tree Experts.
The Preservation Society of Newport County, Rhode Island, is a non-profit organization accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and dedicated to preserving and interpreting the area’s historic architecture, landscapes, decorative arts and social history. Its 11 historic properties–seven of them National Historic Landmarks–span more than 250 years of American architectural and social development.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1