Just days after the news that Paul Gordon, B-52s Guitarist/Keyboardist and Newport Native, Had Passed Away, a fundraising page on GoFundMe has been setup by David Wilson to assist the family with funeral costs and to provide short-term support for his wife and children.
Gordon did have a pacemaker for many years of his adult life, which might have been the reason that, according to the fundraising page, he “was unable to qualify for life insurance”.
The fundraising page was created on February 19th and has already raised more than $15,000, with the goal of $30,000.
“Musician, husband, father, brother, friend. Talented, creative, fiercely loyal, profoundly generous in spirit and deed. Whether rocking out on stage, hanging with his boys, or cheering the Patriots, Paul Gordon brought a tenacious love for life to everything he did. With his infectious smile and mischievous twinkle, Paul had a melodic life force that energized the room and drew you in. He left this world far too soon on February 18, leaving a deep legacy of music and love for all who knew him, especially his amazing wife Jen and their sons Alec and Graham.
With a heavy heart and profound sadness, we ask your assistance in helping his family say goodbye to Paul. Because Paul was unable to qualify for life insurance and the nature of his business was such that income fluctuated annually, donations received through this site will be used to cover funeral costs and provide short-term support for Jen and the boys. A separate memorial fund is being established to provide for greater long-term need. Please help us honor Paul by taking care of his precious family through this devastating loss.
If you would like to pay respects to Paul and his family, visitation will be held on Monday, February 22, 2-4 pm and 6-8 pm at Phillips-Robinson Funeral Home located at 2707 Gallatin Pike, Nashville, TN 37216. The funeral service will be held Tuesday, February 23, at 11 am at Saint Patrick Catholic Church located at 1219 2nd Ave S, Nashville, TN 37210.”
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13