Support the AOH PIPES & DRUMS BAND and their upcoming trip to Dublin, Ireland to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of 1916 Easter Rising.
Join the AOH Mens Singers and the AOH Pipe and Drum Band at Newport’s Hibernian Hall on Saturday, January 9th for an evening of celebration of Irish Culture, music and poetry to support the AOH Pipes & Drums upcoming trip to Dublin, Ireland for the Centenary of the 1916 Easter Rising.
For the AOH Pipe and Drum Band, this is a once in a lifetime trip: the band is one of 100 band worldwide asked to come to Dublin and march in a parade celebrating the Centenary.
The night promises to be a great night of songs, music, dancing & food.
Advance tickets are $20 and can be purchased from band members or on the band’s website, tickets will be available at the door for $25.
For updates and more information visit their Facebook Event.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)