A trio of Winter Culinary Experiences benefitting one of Newport County’s most valuable resources, the Norman Bird Sanctuary!
Enjoy a selection of 3-course meals that are filling and fulfilling! Three very popular local restaurants, Brix, The White Horse Tavern and Fluke Wine, Bar & Kitchen create special menus and generously donate half of the evening’s receipts. All proceeds advance NBS’ 67- year mission of connecting people to nature through environmental education and conservation stewardship.
Thursday, January 28th – Brix Restaurant
Cozy up around the fire at Newport Vineyard’s Brix Restaurant. From their vineyards they bring
the philosophy that the wine should highlight the taste of the grapes themselves, and therefore
their food should highlight the taste, flavors and ingredients that make it come to life. A favorite gathering spot on the island, diners enjoy the unique opportunity of viewing the entire winemaking operation through two walls of windows that drape the room. $50 per person plus beverages, tax and gratuity. For reservations between 4:00-9:00pm, visit
Thursday, February 18th – The White Horse Tavern
Join us for a fresh, contemporary culinary experience in America’s oldest restaurant, a 17th
century colonial tavern that has been welcoming diners for over 350 years. With the warmth of
wood burning fireplaces in every room, historic ambiance and locally sourced ingredients, there
is not a better place to find yourself on a mid-week evening in February.
$50 per person plus beverages, tax and gratuity. For reservations please call 401-849-3600 www.whitehorsenewport.com
Thursday, March 10th – Fluke Wine, Bar & Kitchen
With spectacular views looking down over Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay, Fluke Wine, Bar and Kitchen enjoys a reputation as one of the best places to dine in Newport, with its superb modern American cuisine and relaxed atmosphere. Known for their signature cocktails and artisanal wines, the “fresh, seasonal and local menu changes frequently to take advantage of the bounty of the season”.
$50 per person plus beverages, tax and gratuity. For reservations beginning at 5:00pm, please call Fluke at 401-849-7778 www.flukewinebar.com
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 4PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays