The National Weather Service has issues a Hazardous Weather Outlook for our area beginning on Monday night into Tuesday and on Thursday.
For more information, see the Hazardous Weather Outlook and current National Weather Service forecast below;
HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
840 AM EST SUN DEC 27 2015
HARTFORD CT-TOLLAND CT-WINDHAM CT-WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-
EASTERN FRANKLIN MA-NORTHERN WORCESTER MA-CENTRAL MIDDLESEX MA-
WESTERN ESSEX MA-EASTERN ESSEX MA-WESTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-
WESTERN HAMPDEN MA-EASTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-EASTERN HAMPDEN MA-
SOUTHERN WORCESTER MA-WESTERN NORFOLK MA-SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA-
SUFFOLK MA-EASTERN NORFOLK MA-NORTHERN BRISTOL MA-
WESTERN PLYMOUTH MA-EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA-SOUTHERN BRISTOL MA-
SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-BARNSTABLE MA-DUKES MA-NANTUCKET MA-
NORTHERN MIDDLESEX MA-NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI-
SOUTHEAST PROVIDENCE RI-WESTERN KENT RI-EASTERN KENT RI-BRISTOL RI-
WASHINGTON RI-NEWPORT RI-BLOCK ISLAND RI-
840 AM EST SUN DEC 27 2015
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHERN CONNECTICUT…ALL OF
MASSACH– USETTS EXCEPT BERKSHIRE COUNTY…AND RHODE ISLAND.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT.
HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY.
MONDAY NIGHT INTO TUESDAY…A WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION IN THE
FORM OF SNOW…SLEET…AND FREEZING RAIN WILL IMPACT A MAJORITY
OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND BEFORE TRANSITIONING TO RAIN DURING
TUESDAY. ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED…THE FIRST OF THIS WINTER
SEASON. THE GREATEST IMPACT IS EXPECTED DURING THE TUESDAY MORNING
COMMUTE…LINGERING INTO THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS.
THURSDAY…ANOTHER STORM WILL AFFECT THE REGION. THERE IS A LOW
RISK FOR A WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION ACROSS INTERIOR SOUTHERN
.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT…
SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.
CURRENT WEATHER FORECAST (As of 3pm on Sunday, December 27th)
- This Afternoon- A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 59. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight – Showers likely, mainly before midnight. Areas of fog before 7pm. Otherwise, cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 34. Northwest wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday – Sunny, with a high near 38. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Monday Night – Snow and sleet, mainly after 3am. Low around 32. Northeast wind 9 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation expected.
- Tuesday – Rain and sleet, becoming all rain after 7am. High near 45. Breezy, with an east wind 16 to 21 mph becoming north 9 to 14 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tuesday Night – A chance of rain, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday – A chance of rain after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Wednesday Night – Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Thursday – A chance of rain before 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- New Year’s Day – Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Friday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Saturday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Sunday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.