The Newport Skiathos Club will host a pancake breakfast on Saturday, December 5th from 9:30 to 11 am in the hall of St. Spyridon Greek Orthodox Church. In addition to pancakes, sausage and fresh fruit, the event will feature a performance by the Very Merry Dickens Carolers from 10 to 10:30 and a performance via Skype by the Women’s Society of Skiathos’ Choir and Skiathos Primary School Choir from 10:30 to 11 am. The singers from Newport’s sister city will perform Ellinika kalanta (Greek carols).
Tickets are $10 for adults; $5 for children with children under 3 attending for free. Reservations must be made by e-mailing email@example.com.
The Newport Skiathos Club held its first meeting in April 2013. Newport and Skiathos were twinned on October 23, 1996 by a resolution read and passed by the Newport City Council. The mission of the Newport-Skiathos Club is to encourage the public to learn about its Sister City in Skiathos, Greece by promoting the history of the two cities and highlighting opportunities to deepen interaction between them and further our international relationship through cultural, social, education and economic exchange.
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels