As part of the ongoing fundraising effort to bring back the Newport Skating Center to Downtown Newport, there will be a fundraiser on Friday, November 13th from 6-9pm at Cappy’s Hillside Café.
Friends, family and supporters of the Newport Skating Center will host a fundraising event with a 50/50 raffle for cash and prizes, free food while it lasts, and “Snowflake” sponsorships.
There will be no admission charge, folks are encouraged to spend their hard-earned money on the raffle, sponsorships or they can simply make a donation to the effort while at Cappy’s.
If you can’t make it to the event, online donations can be made on the fundraising website.
Folks looking to get involved in the effort to bring back the Newport Skating Center are encouraged to make a donation or contribution ASAP.
Update on Fundraising Effort
The Save the Newport Skating Center fundraising campaign is currently at 85% to their goal, with limited time to still give.
Michele Maker Palmieri, President of Waterfront Events, credits the generous corporate partnerships and community contributions for the progress with the fundraising campaign.
“The fundraising website has had very active visits and while the $60,000 goal we set there may appear lofty please keep in mind that we are garnering funding outside of this fundraising website, that $60,000 is now closer to $20,000 left to go!”, Palmieri told What’sUpNewp on Friday.
The $60,000 fundraising goal on the website was just a small piece of the entire fundraising effort to bring back the Newport Skating Center.
The entire cost to operate the Newport Skating Center for one full season is approximately $150,000. Off-line corporate partnerships and community contributions have offset the total number needed from the community and has brought the entire fundraising effort to approximately 85% of goal.
While the fundraising and sponsorship effort is moving along and there is still time and a need for a business, individual and the community to get involved;
“The Newport Waterfront Events team is committed to doing whatever we can to bring back the Newport Skating Center but we still need your support in this home stretch of our fundraising since we are getting very close to the time we need to start setting up the rink to be open in December. ” Palmieri said.
Ways You Can Still Get Involved
1 – To contribute online, visit: Save the Newport Skating Center!
2 – Join them on Friday, November 13th from 6-9pm at Cappy’s Hillside Café, as friends and family of the Newport Skating Center will host a fundraising event with a 50/50 raffle for cash and prizes, free food while it lasts, “Snowflake” sponsorships. No admission charge just a casual community gathering.
- Donate a raffle item or Save the Skating Center Perk for this event – gift certificates, a product or service!
3 – Local Businesses:
- Participate in a Dasher Board Share! Dasher board sponsorships start at $2000 for individual boards but consider sharing board with your fellow businesses as part of our Shop Local/Support Small Business program. If eight businesses pitch in $250 each, we will feature all eight business logos on a premium dasher board with a Shop Local message. If 4 businesses pitch in $500 each larger logos will be featured and there is room for additional information.
- Donate a raffle item or Save the Skating Center Perk for our fundraising efforts- gift certificates, a product or service!
For more information on how to donate or get involved, call them at 888.900.8640 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information, Visit www.skatenewport.com
More From What’s Up Newp
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup
- Obituary: Minnie Parker
- What's Up at The Wayfinder and Nomi Park: Rhode Race activities, poolside yoga, eats, cocktails, and more
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)