Here’s what’s happening, new and to do in and around Newport today, enjoy!
Sunday, November 29th
- Polar Express, The Polar Express Train Ride on the Newport & Narragansett Bay Railroad runs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from November 20th through to Christmas. Trains depart each night at 4:30 and 6:30pm. On Saturday, December 5th, 12th, and 19th, trains depart at 4:30, 6:30, and 8:00pm. Each trip is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes long. All of our cars are heated and protected from the winter elements. www.newportpolarexpress.com
- Newport Nutcracker, Join IMC this holiday season for a one-of-a-kind performance of The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff. Set within the romantic rooms of Rosecliff mansion, you dont want to miss this ballet. https://islandmovingco.secure.force.com/ticket/
- Handel’s Messiah, The Rhode Island Civic Chorale and Orchestra, conducted by Edward Markward, will present Handels Messiah, featuring soprano Katrina Galka, countertenor Gerrod Pagenkopf, tenor Jesse Darden, and bass-baritone Erik Van Heyningen. 3pm. Free parking. General Admission: $30, Advance: $27. Seniors $24. Students $10 with ID. http://www.ricco.org/
- Newport Seal Watch Cruises, November 29th at 2pm & 3pm. Join us aboard one of our education vessels as we motor through historic Newport Harbor and take in 360 views of seals resting on Citing Rock off of Rose Island and the Newport Bridge. One-hour seal tours are entirely boat-based, while two-hour tours include a tour of Rose Island Lighthouse. One hour tour: $22 non-members, $17 Save The Bay members, seniors, children aged 3-12 Two-hour tour: $42 non-members, $32 Save The Bay members, seniors, children aged 3-12, $5 children under 3 years
- Coleman Center Faculty & Student Holiday Arts + Crafts Sale, November 28th & 29th at Newport Art Museum. Skip the big box stores Thanksgiving weekend! Instead, buy unique holiday gifts while supporting local artists and arts education. All gifts are made by faculty and students at the Museum’s art school, the Coleman Center for Creative Studies. More information: http://bit.ly/11CyWMF
- Cluny School Wreath & Tree Sale, A 2-day sale of Christmas wreaths and trees to benefit Cluny School will be held Saturday, November 28 and Sunday, November 29 in the International Yacht Restoration School (IYRS) parking lot, 449 Lower Thames Street, Newport. The sale runs from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.on Saturday, and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, or while supplies last. Fresh and fragrant 24-inch, double-faced Canadian balsam wreaths, hand-decorated by Cluny School parents, will be sold along with 6-foot to 9-foot Balsam and Fraser Fir trees. Evergreen garland will also be sold by the foot.
Looking for live music or entertainment? Here’s what’s up – Live Music and Entertainment Listings (Nov. 27 – 29)