Carolyn Rafaelian, Founder of Alex & Ani, continues to grow her footprint in Newport, RI.
According to What’sUpNewp sources, the entrepreneur has purchased 282 Thames Street, a building that currently houses one of her Teas & Javas locations.
The property was formerly known as People’s Cafe and served as People’s Credit Union.
The property was sold by Vod Prop Mgmt LLC to Thames Newport LLC for $2,982,000 on November 9th, according to published and public real estate records. Besides the first floor commercial space, the property includes a penthouse and office space.
It is unknown what the plan is with the building or location at this time.
Some wonder if Alex & Ani will move from Bowen’s Wharf to Thames Street. According to a source, Alex & Ani recently signed a long-term lease for their current location at 1 Bowen’s Wharf in Newport.
Besides Alex & Ani and Teas & Javas, Carolyn also owns Sakonnet Vineyards and Beclourt Castle.
Teas & Javas
Teas and Javas has been closed since Monday, October 21st due to a small fire.
Teas and Javas opened its third location in Newport in the spring of 2013.
The company recently closed its location at Chapel Terrace in Cranston and still operates its location in Wayland Square in Providence, RI.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso