Conde Nast Traveler has released the results of their Best Small Cities in the U.S.: Readers’ Choice Awards 2015
More than 128,000 of their readers rated their favorite cities in the U.S.—in fact, they got so much feedback, they had to divide our list in two. This roundup features the country’s smaller cities, with populations under 150,000.
While Newport, RI came in at #10 on the list, Naples, Florida came in at #15 and Charleston, South Carolina came in at #1.
Here’s what they had to say about Newport, RI;
“A short drive from Boston, charming Newport is fabled for its historic mansions and sailboat-speckled coastline. Combine both by walking the Newport Cliff Walk, which takes you along the shore past impressive mansions, and satisfy your appetite at the White Horse, the county’s oldest tavern. Book well in advance of the summer’s biggest draws, the Newport Jazz Festival and the Newport Folk Festival.”
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune