Biergartens, bratwurst and Bavarian music will all be on tap at India Point Park, Providence, the new home of the 23rd Annual International Oktoberfest, that’s set to take place next weekend, Saturday, October 17th from noon to 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, October 18th from noon to 6:00 p.m.
The Festival, which celebrates everything German, had a very long, successful run at the Newport Yachting Center in Newport, Rhode Island until the property was sold last fall. Now, the Providence waterfront will soon be the place to find a variety of seasonal brews, full bars offering cocktails and other libations, hearty German food and live Bavarian and American entertainment. The Festival is only open to guests who are 21+ so proper ID is required upon entry.
Since its inception, the International Oktoberfest has been all about the beer and this year will be no exception as international and local brews will be featured, including Shipyard Pumpkin, Long Trail Harvest, Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin, Yuengling Oktoberfest, Leinenkugal Harvest Patch, Narragansett Town Beach IPA, Allie’s Donuts Porter, Sam Adams Jack-O-Traveler, Harpoon UFO Oktoberfest, Warsteiner Pilsner & Dunkle, Czechvar Pilsner, Hofbrau Weiss & Oktoberfest and Konig Ludwig Hefeweiss. Providence’s Trinity Brewhouse will also be on hand pouring a variety of seasonal beers.
“What better way to celebrate German culture and the golden days of fall than to raise a stein filled with your favorite brew among friends along the beautiful Providence waterfront,” said Michele Maker Palmieri, President and CEO of Waterfront Productions. “On tap will be dozens of domestic, craft and international beers, live bands, traditional dancers and authentic German food.” Palmieri added that the Festival gates open at noon on Saturday and then the celebration officially kicks-off at 1:00 p.m. with the traditional toast by the guest Master of Ceremonies or “Burgermeister”. The Stein Hoisting Competition will also return by popular demand with the man and woman who can hoist a full liter stein longer than other beer lovers enjoying both prizes and bragging rights!
Content Presented By
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now